Ryman Safety and Security Procedures
Ryman security is on hand for your safety and protection. All Ryman Security Officers are licensed in the state of Tennessee. If you require assistance of any kind, please seek out the nearest Security Officer. We use entrance security screening including walk through metal detectors and bag checks at all concerts. As you enter the building, please be prepared to have your ticket scanned and for security screening.
No firearms (with or without a permit) are allowed at Ryman Auditorium. All persons, bags (including purses) and articles are subject to screening and search. Tennessee law allows property owners to prohibit any individual, including those with a concealed carry permit from Tennessee or from any other state, from bringing a firearm onto their property.
Off-Duty Law Enforcement Officer Request for Authorization
Off-Duty Law Enforcement Officers must file a written request to bring a firearm onto a Ryman Hospitality Properties, Inc. venue at least 72 hours prior to the event using the following form.
Prohibited items include:
- Weapons (with or without a permit)
- Knives (including pocket knives)
- Pepper spray/mace
- Over sized bags
- Inflatable items
- Outside food and beverage
- Laser pens
- Spray paint
- Masks (and face paint)
- Musical instruments (with the exception for the usage during Make A Record)
- Noise making devices
- Cameras with detach lenses
- Video cameras – monopods, tripods, audio recording devices (unless special permission is granted and/or “taper” tickets are offered to the ticket buyer), selfie sticks and cameras with telephoto or zoom lenses.
Tennessee state law prohibits smoking at the Ryman and federal law prohibits ignition of an open flame in a National Historic Landmark.
*Venue Management reserves the right to deny any item it deems to be a safety hazard or distraction for guests.